Monday, June 24, 2013

Homemade Egg Rolls

TEST #16

Homemade Egg Rolls!

This recipe is from one of my old friends Kianna who is currently serving a mission!
She invited me over one night when she made these egg rolls and, let me tell you... They are DELICIOUS!

This is one of those "throw it together" recipes. So for the sake of this being a blog, I made these again and measured out how much of what ingredients I used so that you could know the measurements.


But for now.....

Cube chicken 

Cook in a sauce pan with 1 1/2 c teriyaki sauce, 1 TBSP Soy sauce, 2 large cloves of garlic, 1 1/2 tsp fresh ginger root, and 1 c. brown sugar.

I used this Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce but I recommend an actual teriyaki sauce, not anything like a Marinade. If you do use a sauce, you only need to add about 1/4 c. of the brown sugar. But if you are using a marinade, it usually is more salty so you will need more sugar!

Mix and let the chicken cook in the yummy sauce!

Cut up broccoli. 

Put in garlic, soy sauce, and ginger.
Steam it until soft.

(I also cut up baby carrots and steamed them as well! )

Take them both and wrap them in the egg roll wrappers.
(I made homemade egg roll wrappers, so my wrappers are more circle shaped, but usually they are square if you buy them from the store.)
Take your egg roll wrapper and add a scoop of chicken to the center. (about 2 TBSP's of chicken) 
Then add a little spoonful of steamed broccoli
Then add a few pieces of steamed carrots
Roll wrapper and deep fry in 3/4" of oil. Drain on paper towel!

Enjoy!

(my own) SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment