Sunday, June 23, 2013

Wood Block Decorated for Jewelry and Pictures

TEST #8

Wood Block Decorated for Jewelry and Pictures


(Before you look at my picture below, click on the titled link above and see what inspired me from Pinterest.)  I saw the Pinterest picture and thought, "I HAVE TO MAKE THIS!" So I went to home depot to get wood.. so many options.. Uhhhh... The board that was about 3/4" thick was about $25.. But I wanted to make a board in under $10. I asked the worker, "If I get you to cut this in half and I only take half, does that mean i get this wood for 1/2 off?" He informed me that I still had to pay full price. So, I told the worker that I didn't want expensive wood, and he informed me that I could get REALLY CHEAP wood for .52 cents in the back. I was excited! I went back and picked out 3 pieces of wood. two 4 foot pieces of 2 by 4's... and a piece of wood that was 3/4" by 1 foot by 4 feet. (Does that make sense?) Anyways. He nailed it together for me so that I could cover it in fabric and have my 3/4" piece come off the wall a few inches. It worked! I just hot-glued batting (as well as my choice of fabric) to the wood and then purchased rick-rack and crossed it so that I could stick pictures onto the board to have on display.  I then put screwed hooks into the bottom for my jewelry to hang and i was finished! Such a fun project and mine turned out way cute!! :)




SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment